SWFS Presents: Bring Your Own Presentation (or Poster) Event (BYOPorP)
The Bring Your Own Presentation (or Poster) Event is an inaugural event at this year’s Biennial Meeting to be held during the Opening Social at the Butterfly Garden. The event is intended to be entertaining as well as informative for a large and diverse audience. And to entice attendance, we will have a special keynote speaker!
The BYOPorP Event will be governed by a specific set of criteria, and participants will be required to submit proposals for their presentations. If the number of submissions exceeds the allotted times and/or spaces, participants will be juried in. Deadline for proposals will be 5pm Pacific Daylight Time, Tuesday June 4, 2019. Late contributions will only be accepted at the discretion of the organizing committee (no criteria for late acceptance will be posted. It will be totally subjective.).
In order to keep this event casual, fun, and informative, we request that proposals adhere to the following criteria:
- Presentations may be in oral or poster format.
- Oral presentations must be in PowerPoint® format and will be limited to a maximum of 6 slides and 10 minutes
- Poster presentations can be no larger than 28”´x 36” (71cm x 91cm) with text no smaller than 18 pt font.
- BYOPorP is not intended to be a forum for scientific presentations. It is designed as a forum for presenting interesting information or unusual cases that may be educational or blended with humor.
- Formal scientific tables, charts, and graphs should be avoided at all costs. Images of scenes, animals, and evidence is encouraged. Mythical or extinct animals are acceptable.
- Material being presented during the SWFS Scientific Program will not be accepted for the BYOPorP Event. Doing so will warrant the delivery of an “Evil Eye” to the submitter.
- Proposals for presentations or posters must be submitted on the form provided, accompanied by a “6-slides-per-page” printout of the presentation or a printout of the poster.
- Application packet (application form and printout of proposed slides or poster) must be received no later than 5pm Pacific Daylight Time on Tuesday June 4, 2019 to be considered for inclusion in the program.
- Applicants will be notified of the results of their proposal by email by Friday June 6, 2019.